Southgate Plaza Terms & Privacy
When you use the Website or provide information to use (including completing an entry, registration or other form), you agree to the terms of this Policy. We may make changes to this Policy, and the most recent version of the Policy will be posted here. You should thus check back periodically for changes. By accessing the Website (including the features thereon) you indicate your agreement to and acceptance of the terms of this Policy, and consent to the collection, retention, and use of your personally identifiable information consistent with the Policy, as amended from time to time.
As used herein, the terms "Southgate Plaza," "we," "our," and "us" refer to the Southgate Plaza, and "Southgate Plaza" refers to and includes the Southgate Associates, LLC., the owner of the shopping center which is the subject of this Website, and/or their respective subsidiaries, owners, affiliates, officers, directors and employees.
What type of personal information do we collect?
- We collect personally identifiable information when you visit our Website, sign up to received printed materials, place an order, register, or participate in any promotion or contest with us. Such information might consist of your name, address, e-mail address and computer identification. In addition, we may also keep track of your store or product interests and purchases to improve your shopping experience at The Southgate Plaza.
- This Website may collect information directly from you, from third party business partners, or we may use passive data collection methods such as cookies to collect information about Website visitors. We use that information to improve our Website by examining your website usage and shopping experience. For example, when you visit or register at our Website, cookies allow us to recognize you, and then when you return to our Website, they provide us with your account information. Cookies also enable us to save your password in protected areas. In the event that you are not registered on our website, then cookies allow us to monitor and keep record of your use on our Website, but they do not allow us to personally identify you. Either way, cookies help us improve our Website and improve the quality of your visit.
- A "cookie" is a small text file that many websites store on your computer hard drive when you visit their website. The cookie then stores your preferences and tracks the pages of the websites that you have visited. Alone, cookies do not provide any personally identifiable information about you, unless you choose to provide that information when you register at that website.
How do we use personally identifiable information?
- We may use the information that you provide us to process your orders and requests, to respond to your e-mail, or as otherwise described to you. We may also use your information to offer you other products, information, programs or services that we believe may interest you. We may use it to update you on sales, specials, programs, events, promotions, services, products or other opportunities provided by us, our merchants and/or our business partners, remind you of important occasions, and/or personalize your shopping experience. We may also use your personally identifiable information to tailor your experience at our Website, to compile and display content and information that we think you might be interested in, and to provide you with content according to such preferences.
- Occasionally, we may send to you a request to help us learn more about you, as well as your product and shopping interests. We may then use that information to help us improve our Website and improve your shopping experience at Southgate Plaza. We may also use the information to communicate with you and to notify you when you have won a contest, sweepstakes or other similar promotion or to simply contact you about your individual account with us.
What about social networking or other public interactive features?
- This Website may contain social networking or other interactive features that are public in nature, thus any contributions and postings you make to our Website will be viewable by other Website users, and will be associated with the personally identifiable information in your public profile (which includes your name, user name, and other optional information you may choose to include). If you decide to participate in these features, keep in mind that your personally identifiable information (for example, your name and online name), along with any substantive information you disclose in the communication you decide to post, will be publicly accessible and viewable by others who visit that area. In addition, we may highlight certain users' postings or contributions to other members of the professional networking features.
What choices do you have and how can you contact us?
- If you would rather not receive such information, you can unsubscribe by clicking a link within our email communications or logging into to your website profile and changing your preferences.
- To contact us, please write to us at Southgate Plaza, Attn: Amanda Brown, Southgate Associates, LLC., 950-A Union Road, PO Box 148, West Seneca, NY 14224, (716) 674-5050, .
What information do we share with third parties?
Southgate Plaza may share personally identifiable information with third parties for legitimate business purposes, including for the following reasons or in the following circumstances:
- To vendors or third-parties who deliver or provide goods and services or otherwise act on behalf of or at the direction of Southgate Plaza;
- If you are an event attendee, speaker, or sponsor, certain of your information will be included in the event roster, which roster will be publicly disclosed, and may also be shared with third-party event sponsors and exhibitors;
- If you use our Career Center services, your information may be accessible to potential employers or recruiters;
- To those who wish to determine if you are certified, your certification status will be shared with those who inquire;
- To investigate potentially fraudulent or questionable activities;
- In anticipation of and in the course of an actual or potential sale, reorganization, consolidation, merger, or amalgamation of all or part of our business or operations such as the sale of a particular shopping center;
- When we believe it is necessary to cooperate with law enforcement or in response to a government request, including if specifically requested or required, as otherwise permitted by law, and for other valid Southgate Plaza business purposes; and
- When we offer contests and promotions, or when we join other companies to offer contests and promotions, we, along with the other company, may share customer data for those contests and promotions only.
- Southgate Plaza reserves the right to share information with any third parties that we believe will assist us in achieving our goal to provide you and our customers with the best products, programs and services that we could possibly provide.
What security measures do we use?
- While Southgate Plaza maintains internal controls, including firewalls and other security features, to control unauthorized access to personal information, because of the nature of this information and these controls, we cannot guarantee our ability to prevent unauthorized access.
- Although we will protect your privacy on our website as described in this Policy, you should keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information may be accessible to others. This is also true if anyone else has access to your personal computer, such as an employer or family member.
- This Website may contain links to third party sites. Those links are provided as a courtesy to you; we do not control or endorse such third parties or the information collection practices on their sites. If you elect to use a link on our Website, you should use caution and judgment when sharing information on that third party site; any information you reveal on that website is not subject to this Policy. You should consult the privacy policies of each website you visit.
What about kids' privacy?
- This Website is not intended for, nor do we believe it is appealing to, children under the age of 13. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from any person under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. We also do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13, or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, you should not attempt to register for the Website or send information about yourself to us.
- If we become aware that a subscriber to our website is under the age of 13 and is without verifiable parental consent, then we will remove all personally identifiable information about that person from our files. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe a child under 13 has provided us with information, please contact us at .
- Privacy laws differ across the globe. If it is necessary for the purposes for which you have shared personal information with us for us to share your information within our global operations, we will do so consistent with this Policy.
- This site is hosted in the United States and is intended only for United States visitors. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States and by providing your personal data you consent to that transfer. When you provide personal data to us or our service providers or vendors, you consent to the processing of your data in the United States as the site is operated in the United States.
Your New York Privacy Rights Relating to Certain Information Disclosures
- If you have an established business relationship with us and are a resident of New York, you may request from us a list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for those third parties' marketing purposes, and a list of all third parties to whom we have shared that information. We will include in that list the names and addresses of the third parties who received the information and used it (or who we believe may have used it) for their own marketing purposes.
- To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by writing Southgate Plaza, Attn: Amanda Brown, Southgate Associates, LLC., 950-A Union Road, PO Box 148, West Seneca, NY 14224, (716) 674-5050, . Indicate in your letter that you are making a "New York State Privacy Rights" inquiry. Responses to requests sent to this email address or the mailing address listed below will be provided within 30 days.
Policy Effective Date: April 1, 2011